So you’re in business. Now you have to promote your business, right? Of course you do, but what’s the best way to get exposure without having to spend a lot of money to let others know you exist?
Consider these facts!
- You need exposure or you will fail
- No exhibition means no visit to your site and no company.
- No visit to your site will result in failure
- Getting the word out about your business is easier than you think…
Okay, so what do you do? Of course, there’s the Internet to help you, but things have become quite saturated without a doubt, so it makes sense to nestle into areas that you know work for other marketers.
From my own personal experiences, I can tell you that probably the best thing to do is to network with others and start building relationships. I didn’t do that when I first started and I really struggled. When one of my mentors suggested focusing on relationship building, things started to change.
I know that focusing on relationships can seem crazy, simple or just plain ineffective. The fact is that if you are able to share your product or service in a neutral setting where other “like-minded” people get together and get to know each other, you will succeed.
You need to start building relationships first. If you do that, believe me, the money will follow. People join with people in the business. They don’t join a company. If you sell a product, people often buy from people they know and trust or from references. What I’m trying to say is that the relationship must always come first.
To start creating these important relationships, you have to go where the others are, right? Before I talk about how the online platform works as magnets, let me also encourage you to get involved in offline gatherings as well. Meetup is a great way to do exactly that and you can find them all over the United States. Just go online and search for the one nearest you. These gatherings will help you get noticed.
In terms of online networks, you will find that some of these networks will allow you to publish your profile with other business entries that showcase you and your business.
Here are some of the advantages of such a corporate networking site:
- You can publish your profile such as your URL, photo, audio or video clip.
- You can also access the discussion and message forums
- It doesn’t matter which company you are with
- Direct sales, network marketing, MLM are welcome.
- Constant exposure with other people means the possibility that you can make more sales.
- The more exposure you can get, the better!
- You can create networks, forums, blogs, classified ads and more.
- You can target the people you want to network with, which simplifies your marketing because you only market to those with the same interests.
- Connecting with others on a platform like this can often lead to building business relationships with others.
- The ability to help others will attract business owners to your business.
As the old saying goes, “give and you shall receive”, there is really a lot of truth in that. If you can network with other people and give value to others by helping them grow their business, you’ll find that you’ll attract more than one prospect once every two weeks.
The benefits of these networks for you are clear and very, very powerful. What you will find is that by connecting with others who have the same interests, you won’t have to go far at all because the people you want to attract are right there in front of you … waiting to get to know you.